Corfam removal help needed

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:02:42 -0700

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 00:26:55 -0500 "Ron Berry" <ronberry@iquest.net>
writes:
> Soaking is the way to get the corfam off the back catcher.
> Wallpaper remover will work or even water and alcohol to thin the
> water.  You need to reapply several times but don't let it drip into
>
> other parts of the action.  Once they have been soaked they will
> pull
> right off.
** A stationary 1" belt sander is a great cleanup tool for the catchers.

> The corfam on under the butt where the jack works will pop loose on
> the outside edge and then use needle nose pliers
**Or duckbill pliers**
 to pull it out of
> the
> slot.  Use a knife to clean out the slot.
**It has also been suggested to use a hacksaw to clean out the slot.  IF
you have a bandsaw ( the smallest one out there is hundreds of times
larger than really necessary.) with a rather fine toothed blade ( about
10+tpi) that saw will do the job with great ease and very quickly.  I
offer these tips from the experience of having to remove and replace the
stuff.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.