Dishonest Dealers

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:07:41 +0000

> Nevertheless with the
>German sounding name and history the dealer has chosen to pass these
instruments off as German.

Hey Rob,

we have a dealer here who passes his J. Becker pianos off as Dutch.  The
only pianos I know of from Holland are Rippen and they went out of business
in ´89.  The only connection these Russian-made instruments have to
Holland, is that they´re shipped from Rotterdam to Iceland.  We believe, as
Brian said, that the best way to tackle this is to have an unfortunate
buyer file a fraud charge, but so far we haven´t found anyone who´s willing
to do that.

Good luck!

Kristinn Leifsson
Reykjavík, Iceland.