Ibach

SKY sky77808@skynet.be
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:16:35 +0100

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Owen J Greyling, RPT <greyco@kingston.net>
Aan: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Datum: zondag 19 december 1999 19:37
Onderwerp: Ibach

>> The owner is pretty
>> darn good at getting around the law, (sort of an amateur law expert- and
>very good at it), and typically is able to tie
>> up and drag out any accusations so that it becomes more trouble than it
is
>worth to pursue.  Since there is no longer a
>> German Ibach there is no authoritative company to report it to.
>

> Rob,
>
>I'm quite sure that I played some very fine, new Ibach grands, at a very
>exclusive piano dealership in Toronto this past fall.  These were
>instruments with fabulous veneer and finishes in the $90,000.00 range.
>
>My memory could be going.  Anybody else seen new Ibach pianos?
>
>Owen.

Hello,
New Ibach pianos are still made in Schwelm - Germany.
Indeed, these pianos  have magnificent finishes and a they just sound
great, warm, present but without any agression in the treble section.
Quality needs to be paid but you can put them in competetion with other
brands e.g. Steinway, Bösendofer, Bechstein, Pleyel etc...
Last year, at the Frankfurter Messe in Germany, II spoke to Christianne
Ibach, daughter of Mr. Christian Ibach and she told me that no longer any
Ibach pianos were produced at Korea by Daewoo Electronics as mentioned in
"The Piano Book" by Mr. Larry Fine.
They are the oldest piano factory, still producing pianos today. They made
pianos for Wagner, Liszt, Brahms, Shönberg, Strauss etc ...
If you want to know more about them, check out the following web site :
www.ibach.de/ (don't forget the "/" at the end) and point on the English
flag.
Greetings from Belgium,
Ludo