Old Chickering

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:02:23 -0500

This depends upon the condition of the strings and not the piano.  The
piano is likely to be good condition if it has been treated well by
it's owners and the climate.

If the strings are rusty, show evidence of many replacements and it is
very flat then tune it where it is with the idea that if the piano
tunes well and you feel secure that it will come up you can do that
later.  There is a definite "feel" of a piano that will come up and a
definite "feel" of one that will not.  That is not to say there is any
risk involved.

Check the piano, talk to the customer and allow them to make the risk
choice themselves unless you _really_ feel insecure with that
particular piano.

Lot of luck.

		Newton