pitch lowering

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:51:01 -0900

Phill,
First set and seat all string bearing points,
This alone should drop the pitch 15 to 30 cents
 I like to set the bridge first and tune if the piano is below pitch.
Using the SAT on a pitch lowering will always result in having to make a =
second pass for the best results.
You might also consider leveling the strings on the grands as you do the =
pitch stabilazation process. For a good level see =
http://www.primenet.com/~imatunr/
Joe Goss
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: pryan2=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 23, 1999 3:21 AM
  Subject: pitch lowering

  I'm a "sort-of" newbie who just got his first piano-related job of =
tuning new pianos for a dealer who specializes in Asian pianos.  Most =
(all) of these pianos come eight cents SHARP.  I presume they are tuned =
at 442 in their country of origin.  What's the best way to bring them =
down?  I find that by just knocking each note down to pitch, they have a =
tendency to creep back up and I usually have to go over the piano twice. =
( I use the SAT.)  Is there a method I can use to avoid this extra step? =
   I'd appreciate any experience anyone has in this area.

  Thanks

  Phil Ryan