Windex and polyesther

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 22:08:35 PST

> >...I've not seen any evidence that Windex is  indeed the culprit. Any
> >suggestions / ideas? Thanks.   Roy Ulrich

Roy,

  Are you sure that the finish is polyester?  I believe that in the early
days Yamaha and others put a final coat of lacquer over the polyester.  I
have a customer with a 25 yr. old Yamaha concert grand with a satin finish
which caused us a lot of grief for years.

  Finally a thorough cleaning with fine steel wool and then polishing with
Cory All-Bright did the trick (this was a number of years ago).  Now Cory
has a coconut cleaner that would probably be a lot better than the steel
wool.

  Others are right, Meguires' products are great for polyester.

  Diane