"killer octave:

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 05:53:03 EST

In a message dated 12/25/99 2:42:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tito@PhilBondi.com (Phil Bondi) writes:

<< Boy..I have to admit that my conception of this 'octave' was all wrong.

 For some reason, I was under the impression that the 'killer octave' lied
somewhere
 between C6 and E7, depending on the piano. The reason for the 'extended'
range
 is because this is the area of a piano that is the most unstable, hence the
 nickname. >>

You may not have been "wrong" at all.  I think the term, "killer octave" is
one of those that can mean whatever you want it to mean to you, personally.
It's somewhat like the definition of "perfect pitch" or "key color" in ET,
nothing to lose sleep over.

I'm off to Los Angeles to visit family this morning.

Merry Christmas!

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin