"killer octave:

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 25 Dec 1999 23:21:15 +0100

Grin... as with most of this kinda thing, there really isnt as much aggreement as
perhaps there ought to be. Personnally, I dont find much problems with the so called
killer octave, beyond voicing problems. The tuning of this area seems pretty much
straight forward to me. Tho I have to admit it seems a bit more susceptible to a
particular kind of false beating (?). Real slow and wangy. Voicing this area can be
quite impossible for reasons Ron outlined pretty well, tho I'd like a bit more detail
as to what soundboard design problems cause this, and what can be done about it.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway