Trouble setting string--append (fwd.)

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 16:04:16 -0800

In my last message I forgot to say that I POUND the keys and even then the
pitch slips. It is NOT due to instability ( not in the NORMAL sense).
Obviously instability is there because the pitch doesn't hold. I sure do
EXITE the string however !!! I tried it by playing softer too but it doesn't
make a difference. I also noticed that in pianos with very little angle
deflection in the string ( over the "V" bar or CAPO Bar )  this problem also
sometimes occurs. -- instability in the tuning of unisons. Is there a
connection ?

Bill Gerow