Help on repairs!!

Wed, 29 Dec 1999 19:31:04 -0500

Jim -

I would definitely check the key weights, as previously mentioned.  Also,
you may have badly worn butt leather, and/or the hammer may not be
catching high enough (closer to strings) for the jack to faithfully
return.   I recently had a somewhat similar problem that turned out to be
badly worn damper lever felt engaged by the spoon on the damper lever.
It had become rough and misshapened and was causing drag on the return
sometimes.

When you say you repinned the flanges, did this include the jack flanges?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com