yamaha/kawai

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 07:02:05 -0500

Les,

In my mind it's a pretty close call.  If I were choosing between these two
pianos for a school, I would probably pick the P22.  The case and keybed
appear to be more substantial, and the list price is apparently slightly
lower.  In our area both are very unstable in pitch if humidity fluctuations
aren't dealt with.

But in your case there may be other factors involved.  Perhaps one dealer
offers a lower bid price, provides better service after the sale, is in
closer proximity, or has a personal connection.  I would not fault a
purchasing agent for taking these factors into consideration.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT