balance rail pin polishing

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 19:46:00 -0500

Thanks for the tips on balance rail and front rail polishing tools Ken,
Willem, and Roger.  I like Roger's tool the best but it requires access
to a machinist.

Here in the suburbs of Washington DC, machinists are as rare as hen's
teeth. Lawyers, howerver, are a dime a dozen.

Willem's idea of using socket wrenches sounds like the best way for me
to go for a permanent set-up. However, Ken's use of scrap hammer felt is
great also. I have lots of that stuff.

I'm always amazed at the good, usefull info I get on this site!!!!!!

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild