Dead and buried

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 10:57:22 -0700

Hello,

In reference to my recent "Dead or Alive" post regarding the over-voiced
S&S hammers: They are currently being used to play a funeral march.  I
tried a variety of salvage attempts but they just got worse and worse.
They now have more needle holes than a heroin addict and more hardener
than dentists supply cabinet.  The whole set should ideally be replaced
but having no university budget I will resort to the next best thing.
The previous tech who had this position replaced a set of hammers on our
old Steinway.  Fortunatly he saved them in a box and upon inspection
they really don't appear that bad.  I am going to replace the bad
section of hammers with these and I should be back in business until
such a time that budgets will permit me to order a complete new set-
likely those of a different brand that shall remain nameless. (No
offense Steinway, just not my favorite).

Rob Goodale, RPT