Application of CA glue to pinblock

John McKone mckonejw@SKYPOINT.COM
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:23:36 -0600 (CST)

Piano wire also works well in this way.  Just use a snippet of a gauge
slightly smaller than the bottle opening.  It will stay put in the bottle
and is fairly controllable.

WARNING: practice first - if the hole is to big for the string you'll have
a big mess.  Don't ask me how I know!

John Mckone

>Dear Bill,
>
>In addition to the good advice from Newton Hunt (about the long thin
>plastic tubing to put inside the CA glue bottle) and Doug Richards (about
>the extended length tip), I would add the following.
>
>Once, in a pinch, I used a toothpick to direct the CA glue to where it
>needed to go.  I took the toothpick and held it at an angle with the end of
>the toothpick touching the tuning pin right above the hole in the plate.  I
>touched the tip of the CA glue bottle spout to the toothpick, and let the
>CA glue drip down the length of the toothpick.
>
>Once upon a time I remember seeing an old lamp (probably from the 60's or
>70's) which had a bunch of nylon fishing line all along the outside rim of
>the lamp.  Drops of oil would drip down the nylon line, just marching along
>in order.  The principle is the same for letting the CA glue drip down the
>toothpick to where you want it to go.
>
>Just be careful not to squeeze the bottle too hard!
>
>David Vanderhoofven
>

>>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 03:26:40 EST
>>From: BSimon1234@AOL.COM
>>Subject: Application of CA glue to pinblock.
>>
>>I have a question about how to apply CA glue to pinblocks.
>>
>>On the block I did in a grand, I had a heck of a time keeping drops from
>>spilling onto the face of the plate. I was using a triangular squeeze bottle
>>of CA, with a longish thin tip, but the stuff ran out like acetone (very low
>>viscosity) when tilted and was making a mess. It was too uncontrolled. The
>>stuff went off so fast that I didn't think a regular syringe would work. When
>>I tried one the plunger would glue shut.
>>
>>If anyone has found a way that works real well, and is easily controlled,  I
>>would appreciate knowing what it is.
>>

>>Bill Simon
>>Phoenix

John McKone, RPT