Application of CA glue to pinblock

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 20:50:50 -0600

> Piano wire also works well in this way.  Just use a snippet of a gauge
> slightly smaller than the bottle opening.  It will stay put in the
bottle
> and is fairly controllable.
> >
> John Mckone

>That sounds suspiciously like the  "Moody Drip-u-lator" (patent
>pending)  Did you ever send in your registration?  He may have
>updates in the future...

>David Ilvedson

Thanks David for the er uh  plug.

That is the principle of the "Moody Drip-o-lator".  .   A hypo bottle from
the
supply house with  #10 wire stuck in the needle part. I don't intend to
patent it, because it would cost more to patent than it would ever make in
retail sales.And wouldn't you know it, I might get sued.  :)   Suppose
some one discovers using CA on tuning pins causes "granules" of CA
hardened wood to adhere to the pin and "chew" out the hole every time the
pin is turned. I rather suspect its main use will be on pianos that aren't
tuned but once every 5 or 10 years. Heck if the customer sees  you putting
CA glue on the pins what do you think they will think?
I havn't used it for CA (I knew I would get a disclaimer in there somehow)
but it works like a charm for applying bushing shrinking and center pin
lube solutions.  Each drop marches down the wire like little ducks in a
row. There is another hypo bottle with a smaller needle, I would try that
also for CA. (What disclaimer??)

Richard Moody