Subjects for a Course

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 08:21:27 -0500

At 11:14 PM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Fellow Subscribers:
>
>In addition to hosting a session on pianofelt making I am looking forward to
>co hosting a separate session with a gentleman you may be acquainted with
>who frequents this list:  initials, "ddf."  The "course" is intended to try
>to make light of:  oh, sorry, ...to bring light to a number of "commonly
>held beliefs."  You know, the kinds of things we don't really agree with but
>are too diplomatic to say so outright.
>
>Would you be kind enough to send suggested topics--not *your* beliefs, of
>course--to us?  Yes, we'll keep your names secret.  Seriously though, do
>contact us with subjects you think we might be able to cover which might be
>useful to PT's.  Send them to either of us.
>
>Thanks for your input.
>
>Earl S. Dunlap, Jr.
>Chemist & Technical Director
>Bacon Felt Co., Inc.
>Taunton, Massachusetts
>02780

Earl,
Good topic, this should carry through  the weekend;
here's a few off the top of my head:

Cracks in the sound board spell the end of the board

Heavy actions are good for you

Steinways are supposed to play like that

Moving a piano always puts it out of  tune

More later . . .

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)