Friday Cries (not technical)

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:00:26 -0700

I thought that I had had just about everything happen to me while tuning
that I could imagine - "You don't mind if I run the vaccuum?"  Humming
what the customer perceived to be correct pitch in my ear, and the likes.
 But, two days ago I was tuning a new YC.  After doing about 3+ octaves,
the customer came in the room with her husband and said that they had
decided that they wanted the piano against a different wall - some 20
feet from its location at the time.  Well, it was their piano so I
couldn't exactly stop them.  Yes, they did move the piano and then said
"Hope that didn't raise havoc with the last 1/2 hour of work that you
have done."  I had to do it all over again , of course, but next time I
do it for them I'm going to be sure that the instrument is where they
want it to STAY before I even open the lid.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]