7' weight

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:09:20 -0700

Dear List:
	I have a customer that has had some damage done to her 7' Hardman grand
(1910 vintage) and the insurance company will pay her at a rate of X
cents per pound.  They are trying to tell her that grands weigh about 500
pounds.  This is a well built instrument ( structurally speaking) and I
have lifted all three "corners" of it and judge it to be closer to 800
lbs. What I would like from you, if you can provide me with same, is the
actual weight of different 7' grands.  I currently have the weights for
Kawai RX-5 and RX-6 ( 6'6" and 7'), but would like to add other pianos to
this list such as Yamaha, Steinway, Baldwin, and whatever else you might
be able to come up with.  No need to include this message with your
replies, just the piano name, size, and weight.
Thanks so much, in advance.

John R. Fortiner
pianoserv440@juno.com
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]