Conference topic

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:31:27 EST

<< Are male piano technicians more likely to loose their wives than men in
 other occupations? Seems like I have heard from a large number of PTs in
 the last couple of months about this, or maybe I'm just now more in tune
 with the topic because I lost mine. >>

Wally,  I also have wondered about this.  Since a high rate of divorce occurs
in the rest of Western society (1/3-1/2 of all marriages end in divorce), we
should expect similar figures in our profession.  But there are many
characteristics of our profession which can place a strain on a marriage.
Whether the non-technician spouse leaves the marriage or the other way around
(as in my case), these factors no doubt play a part.  It is these things that
would be helpful to include in a class or seminar - I wonder what others
think?

Bill Shull
University of Redlands, Loma Linda University
Loma Linda, CA
(909) 796-4226