Conference topic

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:27:29 EST

In a message dated 2/12/99 11:17:50 PM !!!First Boot!!!, sanorth@AOL.COM
writes:

<< To Wally and all others who have dealt with  divorce in the piano tech
 business.  I am a single female studying piano technology and about to begin
 business or work in another shop.  I thought it would be great to marry into
 this as well.    Would that be a good idea or not?   It seems to me the
 balance of abilities and understanding the pressures would be a good match.
 Maybe it would be too much of a good thing.    >>

There are several piano tuning couples in the Guild. My wife tunes pianos, and
we enjoy conversations about the piano etc. We are also both very musical, and
enjoy playing handbells and singing together.

I have found that the those who stay married also have at least one thing in
common with each other. And conversely, when I have talked with those who have
gotten divorced, that is one thing that is missing. They might have had
something in common when they got married, but one or the other got away from
that.

There is more to being married, though, than having something in common.
Respect for each, trust, understanding, compassion, etc., all play a very
important role in assuring a successful marriage. And as with any other
"occupation," you have to constantly work and "study" to make sure the
relationship stays fresh.

Willem Blees