Whoops

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 11:07:34 EST

In a message dated 2/14/99 3:18:19 PM !!!First Boot!!!, kenrpt@cvn.net writes:

<< The choral director from a school district I service called and said a
 wheel came off the bandroom Wurlitzer console as he was moving it, and
 instead of rolling, it tipped onto its back. The bottom octave and a half
 does not play at all now. I have no real details. The school is an hour
 away, and I'm wondering if there are any suggestions as to extra tools to
 carry (I generally do not carry many woodworking tools). Does this sound
 like a Harvey question or what? By the way, this piano and the other piano
 the choral director occasionally gets his hands on now have a total of 8
 bass strings with knots in the speaking length, and they sound just fine
 :-) I've noticed that choral directors play more forcefully in general so
 as to either coax better intonation or cover up bad intonation.

 Ken Jankura >>

It sound like maybe the keys came off the front rail pins. It might be as
simple as putting the keys back and the piano will play. Other than that, it
could be any of number of possible problems, from a cracked keyframe, to the
side being seperated from the case. You might have to just go there and
evaluate the problem, before bringing any tools with you. (be sure to charge
for the trip to evelauate the problem).

Willem Blees