Worm

D C AL CODA kenhale@dcalcoda.com
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:02:51 -0800

At 02:13 PM 02/14/1999 +0000, you wrote:

Hi,

There are specific instructions on how to find out if you have the worm and
if you do how to get rid of it.

They are posted on the Norton web site, URL in Don's email:

<http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html>http://www.sym
antec.com/avcenter/venc<http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.w
orm.html>/data/happy99.worm.html

It might be a good idea for anyone on this list, if that is how it got put
in our attachments, to read this and manually go through the process of
actually confirming whether or not it is on your systems. I did, even
though I did not open the attachment.:-}

>I also opened the attachment (fireworks) looked like DOS.  I
>deleted it and when Don M. posted about the potential problem I
>downloaded Norton Anti-Virus 5.0/Trial copy and put it to work.
>Norton's never did mention anything about the "worm" but did
>list it in their virus list.  I am taking it for granted that I
>didn't have a problem?
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>
>> Date:          Sun, 14 Feb 1999 16:17:14 -0400
>> From:          piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca (John Ross)
>> To:            "pianotech@ptg.org" <pianotech@ptg.org>
>> Subject:       Worm
>
>> Hi List'
>> It got me.
>> After Andy's message I deleted it. Norton Utilities still detected
>> something and I deleted three more files. Everything OK now.
>> It was my first experience, and I am really thankful I have Norton
>> Utilities.
>> Regards,
>> John M. Ross
>> Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada