Player action, piano line drawings

Dan Eumurian cen09460@centuryinter.net
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 10:27:50 -0600

Friends,

I am fixing up a Cable Euphona Inner Player #252293 (ca. 1924) upright
which was missing the upper player mechanism when I first saw it. A
friend called and wanted to get rid of it, so I called the Children's
Museum of La Crosse (which is scheduled to open on Feb. 28). They were
happy to accept it as a donation, even without the player mechanism. I'm
currently replacing dampers and reshaping hammers. It's not in bad
shape.

My questions are these: 1) Is there by chance an upper player mechanism
available available for such a piano? 2) Does anyone know of line
drawings of various models of pianos and actions that I could duplicate
and distribute as coloring sheets for the kids and promotion for my
piano sales and service business? Other suggestions as to piano-related
items to put in the museum would be welcome as well. I'm ordering
plexiglass to put across the front of the piano so the kids can watch
the action parts move as they play. (Maybe it's just as well that the
player mechanism isn't in the way.) 3) How can I clean up the
dingy-looking keysticks and action parts?

Thanks in advance.

Dan Eumurian, RPT
1634 Barlow St.
La Crosse (Spring Fever City!!), WI 54601
(608) 788-8637
hope4you@centuryinter.net