Number of the rib

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:13:26 -0600 (CST)

Hi Gang,

Does anyone know the real, actual, officially sanctioned convention for
numbering soundboard ribs? I've always assumed #1 to be at the bottom, the
low bass, like unison numbering, but others start counting at the last
treble rib. I know it's not a real earth shaking technical question, but it
does make some difference which rib #4 you're talking about if you're
comparing crown measurement notes with someone else. Anyone know for sure,
or *is* there a "for sure"?

I've finally figured out what's wrong with people. We become zygotic soon
after conception, then promptly diversify like crazy.

 Ron