Coleman vs Coleman Tuneoff

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:25:49 -0700 (MST)

Hi Roger:

You asked now often I have "cheated" on the hammerline. Answer: very often.
A dropped hammerline is the greatest cause for no aftertouch. I must confess
that a few times I have "cheated" on letoff, but mostly to disempower a
banger or string breaker.

At the present time, we do not have any test for voicing. In giving the
test, we try to use pianos with a bare minimum of false beats in order to
give the examinee a fighting chance. Most of the remedies for false beats
are merely temporary unless dealt with in the rebuilding process.

Jim Coleman, Sr.