Wonderwand

Eric Schandall eric_schandall@bc.sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:25:48 -0800

David ilvedson wrote:

> List,
>
> As I reported previously my Wonderwand broke at the tip and
> today I was forced back to my Yamaha hammer, actually I had to
> use the gooseneck yesterday from my string repair kit. Lo and
> behold I rediscovered my hammer control which had mysteriouly
> disappeared when I went to the Wonderwand (no offense intended).
> Some time ago I was developing muscle pain in my forarm and
> tried the balltype hammer in hopes of relief.  The relief came
> and I have had little arm problems lately.  So today I'm back to
> the Yamaha hammer.  I remember Newton? complaining about the
> Wonderwand flexing too much for him, some time back.  Well I
> think that is what I just de-experienced...I think my good
> Yamaha hammer is NOT flexing and my tuning technique felt great!
> Problem is I also had some lower arm discomfort at the end of
> the day...What I need is a regular hammer with a ball?
>
> Any imput is appreciated...
>
> David Ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA
> ilvey@jps.net

David,
I've used a 2"diameter round wooden drawer pull as the "ball" for my old
Hale hammer. Just drilled it out with a Forstner bit for the size of the
handle and glued it on the end. It eases some of the discomfort
particularly to the delicate bits in the palm of the hand and is
generally very comfortable. The price is right too.
	Regards,
		Eric