Steinway Pedal dowel

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:14:35 -0600 (CST)

At 11:47 AM 2/19/99 EST, you wrote:
> Wim writes:
>
>> The pedal
>>rod I am referring to is the one that comes up from the bottom of the piano
>>the action. It is 5/8" in diameter and about 3 feet long.
>
>Yikes!!  This is a big rod!!   Exactly what does it do?
>Regards,
>Ed

He said it's a Model K, Ed. That's an upright. In case you haven't seen one
they are sort of like grands, only not as much, and have less lid area to
stack stuff on. They are also considerably harder to crawl under than
grands, with even more limited opportunity to look professional doing so.
The easiest way to tell is to count the legs. Anything found that isn't a
multiple of three isn't grand. Ask Newton about four legged "grands" and see
what he says.

Sorry Ed, forgive me. I couldn't resist. You can get me back the next time I
do something like this (shouldn't take long).

 Ron