Shanks & Flanges

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:42:00 EST

<< List,

 Steinway B, teflon...I will be installing new shanks and
 flanges.  Pro & Cons of Steinway NY parts or Renner parts.

 Thanks in advance

 David Ilvedson, RPT >>

Pros to Stienway

You can assure customer that they are "genuiune Stienay Parts". Some like
that.
You can order them with teh hammers attached to the shanks. Saves you a lot of
time.

Con to Steinway:

Some think Renner hammers are better than Steinway. If you've had experience
with either or both, make your own decision. Personally I like the Steinway
hammers, because of the above, but Renners do sound nice, and voice up much
easier. Renner shanks are very good. Very little traveling.

JUst my 2 cents worth

Wim