Steinway Pedal dowel (OFFtopic)

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:01:22

At 11:38 PM 2/19/99 -0600, you wrote:

>>Ron, I don't know what your problem is but Les and I were under one of
>>them upwrites the other day.
>>
>>		Newton
>

>Thanks for your concern Newton, but I doubt that you could help with my
>problem. It's just one (or several thousand) of those things. While I may
>still have the presence of mind to know enough not to ask what you and Les
>were doing under an "upwrite" (?) together, I must observe that if you could
>appear to fit under there, you are both either very small, or very far away.
>Since I met you both in Providence and remember you as being either
>relatively normal in size, or immense dwarves, I must assume that you are
>merely very far away. Can you hear me OK from way out there, or do I NEED TO
>SHOUT?
>
> Ron

Ron, you must learn to be more scientific about these questions: Look for
the third alternative: The "upwrite" was VERY LARGE. In fact, it was so
large that Newton decided to write it up. UP, as in HIGH. So there was
plenty of room underneath, and Newton was writing. He did not record
what Les was doing, so we can merely surmise that he was doing less.

Susan