Damp chaser for loose pins

YouthPage8@AOL.COM YouthPage8@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:42:08 EST

adkpiano@breathemail.net writes:

<< Damp Chaser systems DO NOT 'cure' loose tuning pins !!!!!
 In some {not all} cases it prolongs the death of the pinblock , and other
 non-essential bits like the soundboard , action bushings etc etc -  but this
 is not a cure .
 New tuning pins {new pinblock & some of the other remedies) cures loose
 tuning pins .
 The Very Rev Potter has prescribed - IMHO he's wrong ..
 VERY WRONG!!!!
 This is a bit like saying that Max Factor is a cure for sun burn, or that
 world war III is a cure for unemployment >>

I'm currently enrolled in the Randy Potter school of piano technology... and
Randy Potter has never stated to me that he believes that the Dampp-Chaser
will cure loose tuning pins... as an advocate of the dampp chaser I have
understood that he believes that the Chaser helps regulate pin block
humidity... but does not cure loose pins.

As you study with Randy... You will find that he doesn't generalize like
that... Very few things "cure" a problem with so many possible causes and he
knows that.

Jonathan Hoover