S&S capo/Grotrian front duplex

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:57:46 EST

On the Grotrian "tones" from the "front duplex" - are you sure that the noise
or leakage was from the duplex?  My experience with the 275 is that the string
segment between the agraffe and the tuning pin in the treble section - below
the duplex section - is very long and has felt understringing which becomes
displaced.  The angle through the agraffe is low, and leakage occurs which is
quite loud.  Proper placement of the felt understringing eliminates the noise.
This is a wierd scale, and the tone in this section is poor;  if anyone has
any ideas for improvement here I am interested.

Bill Shull
La Sierra U, U of Redlands
Loma Linda, CA