If

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:31:02 EST

<<"The problem as I see it is that there is *no* consensus on what a good
temperament is.">>

Don;
 A "good" temperament is one that the customer pays you for and asks you to
return at specified intervals to repeat your performance.
  As Justice Brennan said about pornography "I can't define it but I can tell
it when I see it"...maybe we can't define it (good temperament) but we can
tell it when we hear it :-)
  Oh well, I suppose that is why tuning is more art than
science...........there is, after all, a vast difference between Monet and
Picasso and works of both are very valuable.
Regards
Jim Bryant (FL)