Grand Knuckles...Final

DChadPiano@AOL.COM DChadPiano@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 23:58:09 EST

Hello all!
Thank you for all of your responses to my post. I have taken the advice of
most of the tech's and spoke with Wally Brooks and went ahead to have his shop
perform the hammer services as well as new shanks and flanges. This will
certainly give my the needed time to properly attend to the key bushings as
well as make precious time for other projects in the shop. Thanks for you
recommendation! I haven't spoken with my client (the music teacher) yet but
she has already  O.K.'d other repairs items so I feel that if she can help
with the price of the parts then I will be happy. Otherwise, I agree with
Barrie's post saying that it is good to leave the music teacher with a good
name or else face the "teachers wrath" and as Mark had mentioned that I will
probably end up going back to cure annoyances that can be avoided by choosing
to do the repair right the first time. Thank you Newton for your incredible
insight on this and the many other questions that pass this screen. Have you
written any books on related subjects? I would like know.....Thank you Keith
McGavern for having a different view. I have bolstered knuckles on a small
scale before with yarns and heavy threads but never enough to cover a major
section of the action. I yielded good results but not a permanent solution.

David Chadwick
Las Vegas			"Can you feel the tension!"