Shameless Advertising - new tool

Mark Bolsius markbolsius@optusnet.com.au
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:23:59 +1100

Hi Don,
Long time no see (we met at the 94 convention in KC) remember the long lean
Aussie?

Will the magnetic strips be avaiable in KC this year? I be there again and
would love to pick up a set.
Mark Bolsius
Canberra - Australia
----------
From: Don Mannino <dmannino@kawaius.com>
To: "'Pianotech'" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Shameless Advertising - new tool
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 3:46 AM

Hello!

Sorry about the commercial nature of this post. I thought some might like to
know that we have a new tool available for sale.

For those who have been looking for good magnetic strips to regulate upright
piano letoff with, they are now available from Kawai America for about US
$10.00 a set.

A set consists of 2 strips, one 1" x 8" x 3mm thick, and the other 2" x 12"
x 3mm thick.

These strips are placed against the strings to serve as a gauge for
regulating letoff. You can either regulate by feel by first setting the
letoff too close, then turning the screws in until no resistance is felt
against the magnet strip; Or visually, by watching the hammer just lightly
touch the strip.

The wide one is for the bass, as it will rest on the tops of the dampers to
help hold it in place (the magnet doesn't stick to the copper wound strings
as well as the treble wire).

To order, call Kawai piano parts at (800) 421-2177 ext. 336.

Don Mannino RPT, Manager
Kawai Piano Technical Support, US and Canada
DMannino@kawaius.com <mailto:DMannino@kawaius.com>
http://www.kawaius.com <http://www.kawaius.com>