When is it enough?

Kgj38@AOL.COM Kgj38@AOL.COM
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:30:17 EST

Glenn,

Thank you for your questions and advice.  Being the only tuner in my area who
uses an etd can be a lonely existance, especially when I have questions about
proper procedure.  Without going into great detail, I will tell you that I
have done 1 pass tunings that were a pitch raise and they were fine with just
the one pass.  I think that the heat being turned on that day WAS a factor in
this particular piano in it's beginning to go flat so quickly.  When a client
has no good place to put their piano, ie:  on an inner wall, not by heat
ducts, etc, the tuner is at the mercy of the changing environment.  The
message I received from some of you was yes, I did what I could, and from
others was no, I didn't.

Thanks to all who have and will respond to my question.  I was not looking for
absolution for shoddy work, but some reassurance that I was at least heading
in the right direction.
Karen

In a message dated 2/26/99 9:48:13 PM Central Standard Time,