how far?

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 23:15:49 -0600

>...How much can a tuner change the pitch on a piano and expect it to be
>stable?
>I am looking for information regarding new pianos that have had just one
>tuning.
>
>Tunemein Kentucky!

As a general guide many manufacter's recommendations for new pianos are 3-4
tunings the first year, 2 tunings per year thereafter.

How the stability will be depends on numerous factors, some being:
temperature changes, humidity changes, type of usuage, amount of usuage,
tuning technique...

FYI: Murray, Kentucky, birthplace for me.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731