Industrial Chemists, Please?

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:13:48 -0400

Who's got as brother-in-law who is an industrial chemist? Or which
institutional tehcnician here has a friend over in the chem department?

What are "cationics", apparently a family of "softeners" listed on a jug of
Snuggle. Do they actually soften fiber, or do they just lubricate the
flexing of the fibers in the matt. (We're talking your dense-type hammer
felts.) The solids in Snuggle show up to be a soft waxy film, when you let
a puddle evaporate on a mirror. The solids stick remarkably well to the
mirror. Any isoproyl alcohol evaporates within the first minute, and from
then on it might as well be pure Snuggle straight from the bottle, left to
evaporate.

Bill Ballard, RPT
New Hampshire Chapter, PTG

"Lady, this piano is what it is, I am what I am, and you are what you are"
	From a recurring nightmare.