Grotrian 275 grand

TunerBud@AOL.COM TunerBud@AOL.COM
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:44:35 EDT

I own a Grotrian (not a 275 or 277) and the reason I bought it is for the
round-mellow tone.  If you want a bright Steinway tone buy a Steinway.  If
you take a mellow piano and try to make it bright you'll get a tinny,
metallic tone.  To take a bright piano and make it mellow is criminal.  I've
never used any juice on my Grotrian.  We sand the hammers every once in a
while, needle as necessary and even iron to improve volume if necessary.