lyre placement

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:55:21 -0500 (CDT)

>Hi Ron,
>
>I researched this a while ago, and I found out that surprisingly, there is
>no standard distance. This has been an issue for me while installing
>PianoDisc sysems on smaller grands. Frequently there wasn't sufficient room
>to locate the solonoid rail slot and the modified trapwork. I have moved the
>lyre forward as much as two inches without any complaints. Of course, this
>has it's limits - but don't worry about someone following you up and
>badmouthing you for moving the pedal lyre 1/2" fore or aft.
>
>Mark Story, RPT

Hi Mark,
That's what I was beginning to suspect. Regardless of where it's "supposed"
to go, I'll ultimately have to put it where the trap work will allow. I've
got a little room to play with and just thought I'd fill another hole in my
education and get it as close as I could to "standard" at the same time. HA!

Ah well, looks like my education will still whistle in the wind, and the
lyre will go where I darn well put it, whether it likes it or not.  %-)

Thanks,
 Ron