Steinway questions

lance lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 23:28:37 -0500

Roger,
Your 54" is probably a 1901 model "I".  26 bass notes. 1898-1913 they were
54 1/4".  I've never sent an action to Steinway for rebuilding.  I have
used Renner and Wally Brooks.  If you have a parts kit from Renner (I think
free with an order), it makes it easy to match parts yourself.  I have a
Model 52" that I will probably use Renner on.  Wally has Encore hammers
made by Abel that I really like.  I have gotten good service from Wally as
well. I think the only upright action parts he has are Tokiwa, I'm not
sure.  He does have Abel action parts now, but I think only for grands.

 Regards,

LANCE LAFARGUE, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANO SERVICES
New Orleans Chapter
Mandeville, LA.
II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II III II
lafargue@iamerica.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself."