Steinway plate location holes

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 09:38:57 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/99 8:07:13 PM !!!First Boot!!!, lafargue@iamerica.net
writes:

<< I have a 1913 "O" with two holes approximately 1/16"  diam. throughout the
 plate/soundboard.  They are located in the high treble and between the bass
 and tenor bridge.  I believe all is original on this piano.  Were these
 plate location holes @ the factory?  I don't remember seeing this in
 others.  Thanks.   >>

Lance:

I'm a little confused. You say the hole is in the high treble, between the
bass and tenor bridge. That doesn't compute. To me high treble means the last
two octaves. That's not exactly close to where the tenor and bass bridges
would be located. Can you explain, please.

Wim