RPT's ... tested or grandfathered?? Thank you

Eugenia Carter ginacarter@msn.com
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 20:23:49 -0400

Dave,

If you mean must the CTEs physically re-take the tuning exam and pass it =
at 90% or above every 5 years, my understanding is No, that is not a =
requirement; nor would I want them to have to do so. However, they must =
be recertified every 5 years via a written exam to ensure that they are =
up-to-date on the tuning exam process.

Our CTEs as well as all the RPTs who give our exams are generally well =
qualified and up-to-date on the our exams. Every exam I've participated =
in, all the examiners gave "above and beyond" to help the examinees =
understand what they were doing correctly and where they needed to =
improve. As I said before, it's a great learning experience for all =
involved.

Gina

Gina Carter
Charlotte NC