question about a file?

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 09:47:26 -0600

>...I think it had something to do with a shop where a gentleman, who was
>rather
>course in his speach, was working and asked his assistant to had him a file.
>His assistant handed him the wrong file and he said..."no...that bastard over
>there." Ever since then that type of file became known as a BASTARD
>file.<GRIN>...

Dear List,

I greatly appreciate all the explanations that have ensued, and I seemed to
have understood the gist when collectively assimilated.  But it wasn't
until Marvin MacDonald's post came to pass, that I finally understood how
the naming truly must have come to be.   :-)

Thank you, Marvin, for a Jewel!

Keith McGavern
kam544@flash.net
Registered Piano Technician