First Piano

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:18:37 -0400

> I was rewarded with a spanking and an afternoon in my room.

And your still doing it.  Some people never learn.

The first piano I tuned was at school and I cannot remember which of
several I did.

I can remember my first paying customer.

It was an old upright, flat, so I pitch raised it.  That evening I got
a call that the piano was not tuned right so I agreed to return and
check it out but only if the complainer would be there.  I got there,
checked the temperament, octaves and unisons and found no obvious
errors.

The complainer arrived and proceeded to play and F scale and played B
instead of B flat.

That was one time I was grateful for the limited musical training I
had had.

Problem solved, customer happy, lesson learned.

		Newton