NYSCON 99 Conference

Randy Potter rpotter@bendnet.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:16:03 -0700

My suggestion, David, is to put these things in the body of the message.

The purpose of using is Attachments is so you can put big things, like
pictures, that open slowly (on memory challenged computers), so that people
can chose to open them - or not.

But when you put things like this in an Attachment, many people do not even
open them. Sometimes they make your system crash, depending on
who-knows-why.

At the least, it takes you two to four times longer to see the message and
decide what you are going to do with it, because you have to open it
separately, by hand.

Then, if you are like me, you spend a few more minutes writing to admonish
the sender not to put things in an Attachment that really do not NEED to be
in one.

Randy

Randy Potter, R.P.T.
Randy Potter School of Piano Technology
Phone: 541-382-5411. FAX: 541-382-5400.
www.pianotuning.com
Our 1999 Intermediate and Advanced Training Seminar at Northwestern College
in St. Paul, Minnesota, is full. We are now accepting pre-applications for
our Y2K Seminar, dates to be announced in August. Instructors will include
Virgil Smith from Chicago, Dave Swartz from Minnesota, Ward Guthrie from
Montana and Randy Potter. For more information see www.pianotuning.com, then
click on Hands-On Seminars.