Finish Question

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@roadrunner.com
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:39:33 -0600

Ken,
	There's a bunch of different things you could do, but you asked for
"quick". So, the quickest way I know of is a two-step "psuedo-detailing"
for old uprights with a crazed finish. (that's ok, so am I)

ONE: Use a dark (when applicable, like most of the time) scratch cover like
Old English or better yet some analine dye (alchohol based is better than
water based) to darken any light spots or stuff stuck in the grain. Use a
rag and q-tips. Get all the seams and cracks. Just let it set, don't buff
or wipe.

TWO: Use lemon oil with a rag or polyfoam brush to saturate the entire
surface. Not keys or insides, of course. Watch out for drips and runs, but
be liberal with the application. After that sets for a while..... more than
30 minutes, use 0000 steel wool and more oil to go over the whole surface.
Let that set for a while, and then wipe off. Ta Da.

Have fun,
Guy Nichols, RPT