Steinway Touchweight Problem

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 20:45:31 -0700

Hi Stan,

I would work on the friction first.  Check the flanges for about 6
swings and if tight try Protek and/or repin.  Try a sample and
see if you can bring the friction down.  That might give you a
little better downweight.  Your upweight is nice and high so
removing wood from the molding with a 1" belt sander will do
wonders for whatever is left after the friction work.

Good luck,

David Ilvedson