Pounders... why?

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 07:55:17 -0400

Richard Brekne wrote:

>  Fellows talk of pounding,  bloody and cracked fingers
> etc. I am sorry but I just cant help getting the feeling that much of the
> pounding going on out there is indeed POUNDING.

As one of those fellows,  I only bleed during dry times when I shamelessly beat up
4-5 a day into total submission.  I get even meaner during the not so dry times.
Spare the beating,  spoil the tuning.   I've weeded out many a unconcertworthy
flange, shank, and bad jack over the years.

Waywardness is bound up in the heart of a piano and the rod of discipline will drive
it far out!

I'm about to beat up a Kawai, better call the local Piano Protection Services right
away.

-Mike Jorgensen