SHARP organs

Ken Jankura kenrpt@mail.cvn.net
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 11:19:32 -0400

I have been asked to tune pianos to organs in the past week during a
summer-like heat wave here. The organs measured more than 20 cents sharp at
A4. I feel pretty confident of my pitch raising abilities (at least short
term), but really, how much is too much? I know next to nothing about
organs, but is there something that can be done to keep them more in tune?
Refrigerate the air intake room or something? I know some of you would
refuse to tune that sharp, but what's a tech to do?
Ken Jankura
Newburg, PA