Gabriel Gaveau

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:05:31 +0000

Hello fellow listers,

I am still looking for more detailed informatiion about a > Gabriel < Gaveau
grand.

The only answer I received came from David Ilvedson (thank you David), in
which he complained about the very difficult procedure of installing dampers
in his first Gaveau grand.
He was so > very < right. The (±1920) Gaveau damping system is a great pain
in at least David's and my neck, it took me a > full < day to get it working
decently.

Anyway, I have this feeble hope that a French technician might know just a
tiny little bit more about his national piano celebrities than a distant
inhabitant of "les Pays  bas" like me.
Any information is welcome.
Together with a colleague I have restored this instrument.  The restoration
has taken quite some time and the whole process has taken a rather special
place in my professional memory. The owner too is a dear person (and a
really great pianist), and it would be quite nice to be able to give him
some "family background" about this magnificent grand piano he loves so very
much.

The info in Pierce's is not enough, "Gabriel" is not even mentioned.

Therefore, those who know...let them step forward, and share their golden
knowledge.......

Most friendly greetings from "les Pays bas"

Antares